Thursday, December 13, 2007

Aurevoir Theory

So this is my last post on theory in this blog. It was a fun ride, but it had to end at some point! When I first came into the class, I was very intimidated with the material before me. The first few weeks it felt like I was drowning in a sea of theory. As we progressed through the semester, everthing started to fall into place for me, and now I feel like I have a better grasp on things. I look at things in a different light than I used to. This is why I feel that theory can never really die. When we learn even the smallest bit of theory, you begin thinking about things differently. This also has some thing to do with our final as well. The student in the onion article has applied theory to everything in his life. Although this may eventually drive you mad, it is not a bad thing. Seeing things in a way different to others is always some thing special.

Along with beginning to like theory this semester, I have also become fond of my blog. And since I am studying abroad in Paris next semester, I thought it would be an interesting idea if I kept my theory blog and changed it into my travel blog. So for those of you who want to see where I go and what I think of this Europe place, keep checking out my blog next semester! Along with Paris, I will be in England and Greece, and I am hoping to go to the Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, and hopfully the Czech Republic. Any one have any other suggestions?

Thank you for the great semester, I really feel like I expanded my knowledge on theory, and I have learned things I will deffinitally keep with me!

No comments: